Friday, January 20, 2017

Garden Plans



This is what my garden looks like now....As you can see I will be making some changes throughout the season to make this a fabulous garden.

There will be some moving of plants, I'll be adding a veggie garden, which will consist of watermelon, pumpkin, acorn squash, broccoli, cucumbers, peas, carrots, strawberries, and leafy greens.  I'll be sharing some of my recipes later this season.  To the left of the veggies is a large blueberry patch, which has always been very productive.  To the right I will have a variety of sunflowers.  One of my favorites to grow and photograph.

In the back field there I will be mowing some winding paths to take the dogs for a walk on and to photograph critters.  One of the advantages to living in the country is I just never know what I will see out there.

Off to the back left I have a small grove of poplar trees growing this is where I will be adding bird feeders and right now the trees can't support bird feeders, so I will be adding some shepherd hooks for the feeders. 

I would like to build a vintage arbor similar to the one in the photograph just a bit smaller.  I hope to find doors that have windows for better viewing of the birds and this will also serve as an area to photograph.  I'd also like create another arbor that is made of vintage ladders with birdhouses on top similar to one in the photograph.  This arbor may be closer to the main garden.  Although I'm not quite sure where this one will go yet.

I'm also going to add more birdhouses since I lost 2 of them this winter.  I have tree swallows and bluebirds who have been nesting yearly.  So I'll have to make sure I get them in as soon as I can. 

My ultimate goal is to create a bird and critter safe environment with my gardens and to also use this area as my photographic canvas.

Stay tuned for next weeks post.  We'll talk about some of the flowers that are in the garden. 
Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment