Thursday, July 13, 2017

West Quoddy Head Lighthouse



Welcome to my first blog post!

Being a fine art photographer is alot of fun! 

Nothing better than being outside in the early morning looking for my next subject to photograph.  Whether it's in my backyard walking through my gardens or in the meadow or driving one of Maine's many back roads or going to one of my favorite lighthouses... the hunt is on for my next photograph.

Speaking of lighthouses, West Quoddy Head Lighthouse I have to say is one my favorites.  It's about 3 hour drive from my house to Lubec, Maine where you'll find this lighthouse.  Right up there near Canada. 

I remember when I got there the clouds were low, lighting was a bit flat and wasn't sure what I was going to do.  So I started walking around getting a feel for the location taking a couple of shots here and there and breathing in that fresh ocean air.....ahhhh.  Watching the waves as they crashed against the shore, listening to the seagulls as the flew by.  Phenomenal location, gorgeous views all the way around even with the clouds.  I just wish I had a little better lighting. 

Just as I was getting ready to head out, I notice it getting a bit brighter, I looked back at the sky and I could see some blue sky working it's way through.  I headed back to some of the spots I liked and started clicking away. 

I was excited to see sun try to get through those heavy clouds, and I did get a few shots in before those heavy clouds came back.

It was time to take that long 3 hour drive back home to see what I had captured.

The photograph above is one of a few that I kept and I adding some textures to it during my post processing which highlighted the lighthouse and the shore.  I'm quite please with the end result.
Now off to next!

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to subscribe to my bimonthly newsletter which will keep you updated on all the  happenings with Cindi Ressler Photography.  And with your new subscription I will include a Free down loadable copy of "A Few Of My Favorite Photos & The Stories Behind Them."  Just click on the subscribe tab at the top of this page.

I would love to hear from you, feel free to leave a comment.

Next week we'll visit some of my abstract work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lobster Trap Christmas Tree

Rockland, Maine is a beautiful location. I used to do a farmers market there selling my homemade cookies. As I attended the weekly mar...